Tuesday, March 28, 2006

f.r.i.e.n.d.s

After going through Avinash's blog, I was in a retrospective mood. I have not been very lucky to have as many friends as he does (including me:), simply because I've never had a chance to. All my friends have been the ones from school, college, or infy. There are hardly any (good) friends that I've made at places other than these.

Reason - I don't know. I was not that fortunate to have lived in a colony or a society where you have guys of about your age and there's kind of a group. Because the time I was at school in Delhi, the society culture was not that prevalent. Neither did I go to a lot of tuitions or coaching classes where I could have made some.

It's not that there aren't many, but how did they came along. Online also there have been a number of friends, but when I come to think of it, I really don't know how I can count on anyone. A thought comes to my mind:

Friendships online are often fleeting
Made and lost without one meeting
How many friends from online have I got
Never kept count of how many are lost

I wish I could have that opportunity, I envy you rao. But still, this is a remembrance of all my good friends.

6 comments:

Avi said...

Dude.. I got you all the details of your ICICI Demat account, I filed your returns, I deposited your returns in the bank!! and you say you have none to bank upon!

Anonymous said...

i guess..some online frens r tr..always..!!

stellar said...

hey rusty..i don't know much bout frenz or friendships cz been almost like you...but what lasts always and forever is you for yourself..so trust urelf and u'll c sm frenz arnd..i hope i'm one of them.. :D thanks for appreciation..

KHUSHI - "Scintillant" said...

Good one !!
I like the four lines where you have summarized the whole Online friendship.

You are great at words and meanings.
I read a quote ....We meet many people in our journey called life...And our friends leave footprints in our hearts.

So keep smiling

Another "Online" friend.

Anonymous said...

hey i thought i was the only psycho who thought the same, glad to know i am ok... there are people i have seen who bond like... like.. i lack the word, so at ease with eachother, they understand eachother and are there for eachother- sucha beautiful informal relationship. but it takes a lot of effort and doesnt come easy.

Shashank said...

Zindagi isi ka naam hai Dost!

Jaane kitne dost aate hai zindagi mein, aur kitne kab kahan waqt ke andhere mein gum ho jaate hai pata hi nahi chalta!

Thanks to net/phone I try to keep in touch with most of my friends!

Yahoo msgr and GTalk and now Orkut helps me to keep in touch with my online friend, though I have very very handful of them and most of them are very very new ones :-).

But the thing is that everyone definitely has his/her own print in my heart.

- One of "infy" friends of yours.