For a while I wish, I shouldn't have been born in India. A country that doesn't care equally about it's citizens, that is a slave to selfish politics, and that is a live example of mockery of law, where the law is in hands of a couple of nincompoops. The reservation quota issue has now taken it's toll. Lots of students are literally wasting their energies demonstrating, participating in protests when the same time and energy could have been utilized constructively.
My feeling is not of hatred against the government, but that of pity. It's a pity that a nation with a billion population doesn't have able leaders. When Manmohan Singh was elected as the Prime Minister, I believed that India has an able leader. But he himself has fallen prey to the dirty game of politics.
Today, when I saw some pics of students being brutally assaulted, a question came to my mind. Who is responsible for this ? Is this only Arjun Singh ? Honestly, the answer is that the entire government is responsible, and moreover the so-called President, (respected) Mr. Kalam who seems to be no greater than a puppet in such matters. Can't he see what is happening ? It reminds me of a dialogue in 'Rang De Basanti', "There are good and bad things about every nation, point is to put effort to improve conditions and not crib about it".
But what does one do in such a situation. A common man can do nothing but protest and wait. In the process, it is he only who suffers. I don't have anything against the OBC/SC/ST's, everyone knows it's just a bloody political stunt. Indian politics sucks, politicians even more. India, what will happen to you ?
I remember an instance when an SC was a topper in his quota of seats and scored less than me in the engineering entrance exam. He would have easily earned a Computer engineering seat, whereas I couldn't. Since then, I hate the reservation system. I never knew the reason why the distinction is made on the basis of caste and why not economic background. No one would listen, unless someone does a "Rang De Basanti" and eliminates the corrupt.
Ohh god, help India. Help it's politics.
8 comments:
I agree with you Rusty.
I believe the reservation should be based on the Economic status rather than the caste and also once a person from one family gets the "PRIVILEGE" of reservation, the family should be black listed for any further reservations.
Why should the people who work hard, suffer ????
My Engg class had only 8 out of 35 seats open for General category. That made me think that being a OBC/SC was more of an honor than an insult. :-?
hmm... the sting of reservations.. well, when ru getting out on the streets?
I agree about the caste system. If that one thing could be eliminated, we wouldn't be/feel so divided. It's all really in the head...would we marry or at the least date a girl/boy who belonged to the SC class?
In this day and age, we are lucky to be born Indian.
Since we are desperately wanting to do something for the country, living there would be a good start. How many times did we volunteer for events when in India? Small contributions make a big difference. If we can't do anything, there's no point complaining.
Do I need to say anything after all the hoopla I have in my blog regards thins? well, No one is going ot be drastic like in RDB....it is a shame and we all ought to unite and protest, for this one and the comming ones...We deserve transperance iin decisions...Arjun Singh has ni idea why he proposed 50 pecent...He does not know the percentage of people who need help...He does not relaise tht many seats in IIM are unoccupied already as not all of them join and IIm and even if they do they dont pass until 6 years on an average...We are not skimming the best and giving them opportunities...We are being skimmed as a country for the use of politicians...I do want all castes to come up euqally but reservations and increase in reservations is nott he help tht is the only best method.
If you are so concerned ,then why dont u go back to India and change the system..
Stop Cribbing abt the situation in India.Practically speaking can you be of some change to the system ,
If Yes then Fly back.
I hate the political system in India... it has always been based on caste n religions!!!
@need a change
First of all have enough guts to write in your name and contact!
Do we or anyone need to take permission from you to crib about anything!!! As far advising others is concerned just think about what have you done or what are you doing to change India!
do u know who is the master brain of the entire politic puppet show? those insignificant looking lil politicians who weild muscle pwr...yes i hate this scenario of india too...
Reservation system was started by Nehru as a 5 year plan lasting for 10 years. It was supposed to be scrapped after that. However.. we all know what shape it has taken.
But I am not entirely against reservation. I am not against reservation for OBC/SC/ST etc either. The flaw is not in the policy. It is in the implementation of policy. Whether you base reservation on economic state or caste, if the implementaion is not right then it will always be abused.
Post a Comment