I must admit, I have never cribbed so much about the lethargic, profoundly aversive and dilapidated administrative and political system in India. Latest doing the rounds is the tussle between the 'Hopeless' health minister, some ramadoss and the director of AIIMS, Prof. Venugopal.
Yesterday, Venugopal was dismissed from his post by the AIIMS governing body. Suprisingly, for unknown reasons, or may be reasons constitutional or malafide. All AIIMS doctors went on strike. But who suffers in the tussle, the common man ! No doctor in AIIMS is attending patients and people coming from all over the place in hope of medical attention are stranded.
I was deeply depressed after seeing what happened to a patient named "Sarvesh" who was vying for medical attention which unfortunately he couldn't get and died as a result outside the AIIMS premises. No one attended him and a minor stomachache which could have been cured turned into a miserable death. And there laid his body outside AIIMS, even after 6 hours of his death with noone even bothering to help the grieving family. Can it get any sicker than this ?
I feel like swearing a ten thousand million times to the health minister, an ignorant morone who knows nothing but power. Indeed, India is on a developing spree. Sometimes, I do feel ashamed of being an Indian.
5 comments:
Hey...Well, Who is to blame really...The Doc or the Gvmt or share the blame...I didnt hear this news..When the protest rally was on I knew tht the docs were serving emergency patients but didnt know someone died without any attention...I dont know even if I should blame anyone...I wont for one, never be ashamed to be an Indian as that is wht I am and not wht others are or make of it.
I would have asked you the same question, had you been confronted with the same situation as one of the kin of a critical patient needing urgent medical attention.
What would have been your answer ?
Rusty,
I do understand your frustration. But then the bitter truth is we are only pushing the blame to politicians. And who is responsible to elect such morons?
I see all over just expressing sorrow over someone's dismissal. so there ends our job? Question is how much are we working to educating educated masses to vote right person? Until then, just blame ourselves.
You're right Mr. Mumbai Guy !
But do we have a choice ? Every party this is the same story. You can never find a "suitable" person because everyone falls prey to the sad system. Take the example of "puppet" Manmohan.
There is no suitable person because we dont even have time to vote. We get holidays to vote but we like to spend it home watching TV.
How many times have we said.."Why should we waste our time in politics"?
Ours is a democratic country. we are lucky to have the privilege to vote and speak. But we use only the latter.
Rusty, that is why we dont have choice. Lucky the puppet is just manmohan. Lucky it is not Rabri Devi or JayaLalitha or some thug.
But lets keep the cheers...
Post a Comment