Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Namesake

Cinema. One part of my life that I completely adore. I don't watch movies for entertainment, I watch them for what they portray. Entertainment comes automatically. I try to get deeper into the nitty gritties of movie making; the screenplay, editing, the characterisation, background score, and lots more.

This movie is what I am waiting to see. I don't know whether it will be good or bad. But I just know that this is good cinema. Cinema that is closer to life, to feelings, to us. A man in search of his own identity. And looks like Kal Penn (aka Kalpen Modi) has done a wonderful job. Irfan and Tabu look great too. Mira Nair's finesse is just another reason to make it a 'dekho'.

Things like these make me realise again that I am in a wrong profession. . Nevertheless, I enjoy cinema. I like the way India is coming up on the global cinema scene. Thanks to directors like Mira who portray India in its true sense. I look forward to watching the movie. Wonderful background score. Here is the trailer:

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/site/thenamesake/

3 comments:

ancientmariner said...

m reading the book..:-)

Pritika said...

i read the book too, but i found the film far better :) a rare occourance.

The pace is slow, but the film ends on a note of hope, that life goes on, it leaves a viewer wanting for more, closure perhaps, but then it keeps running through one's mind, and that to me is a good film :)

ancientmariner said...

somehow i liked the book better..