I feel immensely pleasured to have watched one of the finest movies in Indian cinema - Chak De ! No, it is not a directorial wonder, but it is an off-beat movie that has appealed to the commercial masses. I don't think it will make any effect on Indian hockey per se, because it is just entertainment for most. The same way RDB was.
What is commendable is the subject. It is not more about a neglected sport, it is more about how you can make things change. Thanks to the poor and dilapidated Sports administration in India, women sports teams are nowhere to be seen. Who cares !
When I watched "Remember the Titans", I didn't know anything about American football. It was based on a real-life story, highly inspirational and closer to life. Most of the american movies are a way of their lives. Sadly, in India you hardly get to see such movies. This movie and the Namesake have been this year's two best productions. I hope there are many more such movies made in the near future that awaken us. Ofcourse, there is nothing else than can stirr up our dampened souls. True, isn't it ?
2 comments:
Thank you for dropping by ! To answer your question, American Tea is a diluted version of Indian tea. American tea is one large glass of hot water with a tea bag in it! :D
Vidya
P.S I will wait for Pratish to comment on the sloshing and the naked part! :D
Chak De was fun!! But the part i don't agree with is it not affecting real life...ask the Indian Men's Hockey Team who won some finals (sorry my sports GK is kinda weak) anyway, they said they won the match because of Chak De! so what if it was based on the women's hockey team, they watched it on each day of the tournament!!! Cool innit?!
Post a Comment