..cricket took a backseat since the past few months, largely owing to the dismal performance of Indians in the Cricket World cup and there being not much of Australian cricket to follow. Lately, I have caught up interest again after the Indians won the Twenty-20 world cup. There has been a paradigm shift in the spirits of the Indian team. After all, it’s all about playing the right way rather than winning or losing. In one of my earlier posts, I wrote about the joy of cricket. One should always be patient and spirited to play. This year when we lost in the finals of the AskNRI tournament at Milwaukee, it was a closely fought match. Our whole team was happy that we did put up a good fight inspite of losing.
There are always some things in cricket matches which you just can’t miss. For example, the six sixes from Yuvraj, the Aamir-Venkatesh tussle during India-Pak match in World cup, there are a lot more. Of course, there is nothing more treatful for me than watching Dravid or Gilchrist bat in any form of cricket. The ongoing series between India and Pakistan is something which I’ve been fortunate enough to follow. The best moment in the match was the awesome delivery from Misbah-ul-Haq that got Dravid. He was flabbergasted. And boy, what a length it was. If you can surprise someone with such class and stature, then surely you are a great bowler.
I hope there is great cricket to come in the near future. The way Australians have ravaged Lankans recently, it gets more interesting. I yearn for that day when I will watch an India-Australia one-dayer at the Melbourne Cricket Grounds (MCG). Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment