Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Music

A few of my next posts will talk about music. Music - I live on. With this egg role in one hand, scotch in another, cricket in front of my eyes, someone on my mind, music in my ears - I guess this a perfect time to talk about "it". Hindi this time. A mad follower of Kishore, I revere each and every of his songs. I would demean the essence of his songs by showering my praise.

So let me talk about the new age "Kishore's". KK and Atif. I find it too hard to justify who is better, coz both voices rip you apart. Is it the mood, is it the music, is it about lyrics or is it something about their voice, my flat mind is perplexed to make a choice why I listen to them, non-stop. I like "Strings" as well, but I wouldn't compare Bilaal Maqsood/Faisal Kapadia to the likes of Atif/KK.

My playlist for tonight.

- Na main jaanu, na tu jaane, kaisa hai yeh aalam, koi na jaane, phir kyu hai yeh tanhaai..

- Judaa hoke bhi, tu mujhme kahi baaki hai, palkon mein banke aansu tu chali aati hai, judaa hoke bhi...

- Doorie, doorie, doorie - sahi jaaye naa, sahi jaaye naa, sahi jaaye naa...

- Zindagi ne zindagi bhar ghum diye, jitne bhi mausam diye sab num diye...

- Terre pyaar mein...aise jiye hum, jala hai yeh dil...yeh aankhein hui num...

- Najaane kab se ummeedein kuch baaki hai, mujhe phir bhi teri yaad kyu aati hai...

- Hum rahein ya naa rahe kal, kal yaad aayenge yeh pal...

- Dard mein bhi yeh lab muskura jaate hai, beete lamhein humein jab bhi yaad aate hai...

- Yaaron dosti badi hi haseen hai, yeh naa ho to kya phir bolo yeh zindagi hai....

- Teri aankhein ab hongi naa kabhi num, tu jo dekh le to bhula doon main saare ghum....

- Chupke se kahi, dheeme paaon se, jaane kis tarah kis ghadi, aagein bad gaye humse raaho mein...

- Awaarapan banjaarapan, ek hala hai seene mein..har dum har pal bechaini hai, kaun bhala hai seene mein..

All these are masterpieces. I can feel them. If you don't know any of the above songs, hit me up. Up next is my list on alternative/rock/metal. So stay tuned.

I hear abuses from the other room as I sing out these songs aloud. The home theatre surround sound is buzzing with heavy vibrations. They hit me from all directions. Who knows my neighbors would kick me out tomorrow morning, but I don't care. Music prevails. And here Rusty goes back to the pavilion. Ricky Ponting has become egg fried rice now. KK has come to my home. I am singing. I am a super-star.

It is -20C outside now. Winds that can kill. I'm done 6 large. I want to go to Rosie's now. I am officially crazy. Please take me.

3 comments:

ancientmariner said...

effects of CRegal? so ahve ur neighbors thrown you out ;)

AR said...

sannaate ke shor ko kaun samjhega mere dost..

jo taar se nikli hai
woh dhun sabne suni hai

jo saaz se guzri hai
woh sirf humne suni hai

Vidya said...

hmm...I don't know any of these songs! But for a very odd reason, Mohd. Rafi's song comes to my mind and I kept thinking that it was Kishore kumar's hits - Tere Aankhon ke siva