Success has different meaning for different people. Success can't be quantified, but yes, can be achieved. Success is joy. Success not only comes from personal achievements, but also from the way people benefit out of what you did. Even a small appreciation is success.
We raised big money with a small effort for Vibha. Probably one of the best results so far as compared to other centers for this organisation. It means more smiles for more 'unfortunate' people. That is success.
I recently moved out of my projects group, shedding off a million dollar responsibility and some mails that floated around didn't boast too much, but in a subtle way, defined success. Here's what I wrote...
"Silence speaks at the quiet company. The LTC Incentive Bonus project was implemented last month and 2 semi-monthly runs were completed without any issues. The "LTC Incentive Bonus" was correctly paid out to the eligible FR's. Special thanks to my team for all their hardwork on this project.
As I transition out of the Small projects team and look back at the last one and a half years, there were a couple big initiatives that went through with (almost) no significant post implementation issues, were implemented on time, and kept clients happy (umm maybe). We call them Small Projects, but the work ain't small. Few significant ones with great work also from everyone were:
- Business Objects XI Upgrade
- LTC Incentive Bonus Program
- Automation of AP Lumpsum
- Senior Incentive Bonus Program
There's more coming this year, but the way will continue. Here's thanking everyone for their support and good work. " - Ashish
Here's what a few people said...
Great Job guys. With the bigger projects, the small projects are something that people easily miss out on. The fact that they are missing out itself is an indication of your seamless implementation and quality work. Keep it up. Well done. - Praveen
Ashish, Thanks for sending this. Yes, there's a lot to be said for "quiet", and sometimes "quiet" is worth shouting about. I believe this is one of those occasions. Thanks to everyone for the quality work they've been "quietly" doing. Your dedication shows in the quality of your results. And you're right the "work ain't small." ;-) Your efforts are much appreciated. I suppose we have to give credit for this success to Ashish himself. He did a great job of anchoring Small Projects. - Albert R
YES...you're worth every penny you make and then some. Great work...and thanks for making us all look good. You will definitely be missed! (PS...we'll miss your quotes at the bottom of your e-mails also...) - Larry A
Hi Ashish, You and your team did a great job with the LTC Incentive Bonus project. Kudos to all of you! You make my job so much easier and I will definitely miss having you on the team. The small projects team would like to thank you for all of your efforts over the past years by taking you out to lunch. Would this be okay with you? If so, where would you like to go? Please let me know and I will try to find a date that works. - Rhonda S
Now I have an even bigger monster awaiting me. But let me do this lunch for the first round. There's a lot of time for the second round. But, I will make it happen.
1 comment:
thank us for the 'best results so far'
Post a Comment