Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Boiled eggs

At this odd hour of the night, I thought to make some boiled eggs for myself. Some onions, green chili, jaljeera powder added for flavor. And the feeling after eating it. Ecstatic. It reminisced me of those times when amidst cold winter winds, I and my brother used to get out to the roadside vendor (called redii). Well, if you don't know, don't bother to understand !

But whatever. The fresh boiled eggs, out of the warm water, the cold winds, and that aroma of tea cannot be compared to what I had today. You can never quantify such simple pleasures of life. The feeling is unmatchable.

yeh daulat bhi le lo, yeh shohrat bhi le lo
bhale cheen lo mujhse meri jawaani
magar mujhko lauta do bachpan ka saawan
woh kagaz ki kashti, woh baarish ka paani

I wonder. Even after growing up, why does heart still wish like a kid. Why does it wish for what can never come back. Never.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Climate is freezing cold!!! You get eggs in NM Canteen, have a good company and you will re live the moments of glorious childhood !!!

Aint it sound like an idea huh ;) ??

-somebody