Monday, January 10, 2005

Me and Myself

I want to talk about me. Very seldom we get the chance of self realization and expression. And I want to share it with you people. Born and brought up in Delhi, yep, the best place in the world to live in. Sorry if you have conflicting opinions. But after all, I feel that way.

I had the best of schooling my parents could have provided me. In the process, I earned a lot of friends. Good education coupled with the sweet memories of friendship for those 14 years of my life is the greatest treasure of my life. It was shattering to move away from all this after 12th, but life had to move on.
Thanks to all of them who are still there to share my joys and sorrows. Who still try their best to find time whenever I am in Delhi or whenever I need them.
They have a special place in my heart. I will be there for them whenever they need me.

One thing I lacked in those times was planning. Though nowadays kids meticulously plan their career. Unfortunately, I didn’t do that. I would rather say I wasted a year of life after 12th sitting and preparing for engineering entrance. But I don’t regret that.

Four years of engineering gave me a new direction. I studied in a not so well known city of Bareilly, in Uttar Pradesh. I learnt to live independently, got more self-confident, learnt how to manage expenses and pass tough exams . It was the first time I had moved out of Delhi for education and it was tough getting accustomed to this new life after living in the comforts of your own house for the entire life. But as others did, I also got along with the flow. There had been times when there used to be no electricity for around 3-4 days in deadly summers and we used to study in candle light. Sometimes in our own rooms and sometimes on the terrace, fighting hard with the mosquitoes and insects who gave us a hard time. In the foggy winters, we used to crave for a cup of tea at 2 or 3 in the night and traveled all the way to the station, around 12 kms far from our hostel for that tea cup.

What is unusual in this? You would say. Infact this taught me the best lesson of my life. It taught me to fight any hardships that could come in my way. I learnt that in life, everything in not served on a platter, instead one has to make way for his success, to achieve anything. When you decide that you want it, gear up and go for it.
The four years passed away like a breeze. There wasn’t any campus placement so I returned back to Delhi.

I worked with a small time company for around 8-9 months before I got the offer to join Infosys in Bangalore. That day I felt overjoyed since I could see the happiness in the eyes of my parents and grandparents. That was the first time I realized that I had given them something. Also I was going to Bangalore, hot on the charts since it was the IT hotspot. But I had never been to Bangalore before. I was excited. Before boarding the train to Bangalore, I just knew that I would do my best, whatever comes my way.

Bangalore taught me to live life to its fullest. I have matured in every sense, atleast I believe. Life has had its ups and downs but it is still going on. Here too I got many friends whom I would treasure all my life. The time spent with them has been memorable. But here I also saw the other facet of life. Probably somewhere I went wrong in understanding few people. There are some bad memories and I just want to let them go off my mind. But it will take time.

This made me learn to know people better before getting on real good terms with them. Getting into a relationship is easier but getting away from it is too hard.
Relationships can be that of friendship or love or hatred or can depend on the state of mind. I don’t know why, but I observe too much. It can be anything. It automatically gets stored somewhere in my memory box. I have this unusual tendency to remember people, names, mail ids, telephone numbers, addresses etc etc. I am basically inquisitive by nature. People sometimes turn up to me as I am some information pool. It gives a bit of satisfaction when I can help people in some or the other way. I am and will always be happy to do that.

I love expressing myself in one way or the other. Be it an essayed representation or poem or anything. It gives me pleasure and relaxation. I am yet to find a person who knows me better than myself. But there are some people whom I know better than themselves, some in Bangalore and some in Delhi. Are you ?

Life has given me much but I will not say I am satisfied. I still yearn for many things. I am optimistic. May be one day I will achieve some of them. Wish me good luck.

Love,
Ashish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashu!!
It was really nice to read u r blog. I really respect u r emotions dude.. And yes, boy this guy has knack of observing and remembering things..Keep writin dude..