Saturday, March 08, 2008

When

..i look back at those days, there are some things that came onto my mind.

- That first prize in Camlin National Painting competition.
- That consolation prize in calligraphy writing.
- When our team won the table tennis zonals.
- That 150-strong crowd, and when I sang "Words". And boy, did I get that award.
- That 'topper' tag. It was a bunch of 60, and at that time life was full of energy.
- That write-up published in the Times of India.
- Those couple plays, those 'few' dances.
- That cricket tournament, the winning team, the best batsman award.
- That 97 in the maths board exams.

These are just a couple of experiences, not achievements. Experiences make you intelligent, but instincts make you creative. Being intelligent is different from being creative. Creativity is a way of life. It's a gift you can give not just to other people, but also to yourself.

I remember Randy Pausch speaking at his last lecture and this is what he said:
It's not about how you achieve your dreams, it's about how you lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you.

I remember my ultimate creative dream, and I will achieve it. One day. And I know how.

No comments: