Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Creativity

I have always loved it. Be it in any form. This is one flavor that invigorates you, excites you. I wonder how many of us (especially indians) really delve into the creative aspect in our lives. This is with the exception of movie-makers. More importantly, how many of us carry it on with our busier lives.

I remember the time when I used to do a lot of painting while I was in class VIII-IX. I used to pick up big sheets of paper and jumble up with water colors to put up random paintings. As usually happens, with time, that activity almost took a backseat and I never picked up colors after that. Although I did some Engineering Drawing as part of my grad study, but it wasn't too exciting. However, that doesn't fall into the creative league.

I recently looked at some 'doodles' created by kids for Google and boy, they were fantabulous. Look at the google page here. This is creativity. I think innocent minds are more creative than sharper ones.

I think all of us need to retrospect and assess what is "creative" in us. I am not talking about cognitive or innovative creativity but behavioural or social creativity, that really is more associated with personal characteristics and traits. I wonder how many people will come up with a big list. So I thought about random creative things that i like to do. And apart from writing, painting and photography, I couldn't come up with anything else.

Now I am thinking about the weirdest creative thing that I could do.

No comments: