I never lived alone. Never in my entire life. Till high-school, I was living in the comforts of my home, and then learnt to live with little comfort during college days. But even at that time, I shared my room with a friend. And ever since have been sharing until the last month.
Living alone has it own pros and cons. It can also change your lifestyle, your routine and what not. It might depend on person to person how one perceives living alone. Though I also never wanted to live alone initially, but then as time progresses and circumstances change, you get used to it. I did some thinking around what are the pros and cons and came up with a list. I'd prefer to add a DISCLAIMER right here in the middle of this post to make sure this is just an opinion. Don't assume I am following it or these being the reasons for me to move in alone. Play safe.
The Positives:
- No interference in anything that you do.
- You have the whole bathroom for yourself. Even the bath tub :P.
- Take bath for an hour or two hours, who cares.
- You cook what you want. Whenever you want.
- You manage your expenses well.
- You have the liberty to decorate or buy out stuff you want to.
- Play any kind of music.
- Come home at any ungodly hour and not disturb anyone.
- Sleep wherever you want to.
- More peace.
- You can study more comfortably.
- More personal space (this is too philosophical :)
- Don't wash clothes for a month and no one would crib. Ahhaa.
- You can roam around naked without bothering anyone.
- I could go on and on. Stop you .$%..... What do you want to read ?
The Negatives:
- You want to talk, but there is no one around.
- You want to eat cooked food after long hours of work, but you don't get it.
- You do all the cleaning by yourself.
- No one to share the cable and electricity bills. Even the rent.
- No one to wake you up.
- No one to take care when you fall sick.
- No one to throw the garbage in the bins.
- No one to watch you roam naked. Huh. I didn't mean it :P.
But yes, it is different. Don't you believe it. Then, live alone. But not definitely for the one special reason above though :).
2 comments:
I've been living alone for about 3 1/2 years, now, and I'm tired of it. Yes, it helps to live alone if you are a slob like me who occasionally gets bit by the cleaning bug. Yes, it's nice to walk around naked in the apartment whenever I want. Yes, it's nice if I'm a little gassy and I don't have to hold it in. However, I get so lonely at night and miss having someone to talk to when I get home or someone to share my day with on a regular basis. I miss watching a show or movie with another person. I have friends who visit, of course, but they always leave at the end of the visit, and I'm back to being alone again.
I come from a loud and sort of large family - 4 girls, 2 cats, lots of friends, and both parents. We all played musical instruments and we all did a million things, so it was never quiet at home. I miss that. I miss cooking and eating with someone else a lot. I love to cook, but it stinks to cook for just myself.
I guess if you don't mind the mind-chatter one hears when all alone, then living alone works. As for me, I prefer the chatter of a real person - someone to bounce ideas off of and share a life with, even if only temporarily. My lease is up at the end of the year - I'm out of here!
Ahhh.. me too never lived alone, but always wanted to.. maybe someday i will.. n i Love Being Alone n freaking out...:)
but right now, i can pretty much be alone even tho there are a zillion ppl around at home..
Post a Comment