I am a little 'buzzed' right now. As I said, just a little. In control. Perfectly.
The weekend was eventful. Not one of those ordinary weekends.
- Friday I was given an "official" award for the 'good' work that I am doing. Thanks to whosoever nominated me.
- We won the first match at the askNRI tournament. Only disappointment was my out of batting form. But some better fielding from my end helped. Anyway, as a team we won !
- I attended my first cousin's wedding on Saturday. Met with zillions of relatives and to my surprise, discovered that I have 'close' relatives all over US and Canada. Pittsburgh, Toronto, California, Atlanta, New Jersey and elsewhere. So many young cousins meeting up at the same time. It was a BIG extended family gathering.
Nanaji was not very happy with the Pandit (read priest) performing customised wedding rituals. Also, the pandit wasn't the best with his topsy-turvy english vocab. Kanika married an american so the hindu rituals were "Americanised". In short, it was just an hourly affair for the Indian wedding.
Nanaji said "It is sad that we have to compromise on our customs just to make it understand to the Americans." I agreed. He himself is a top-of-the-line professor who can recite sanskrit shlokas with utmost ease and can perform havans and weddings all by himself. Ofcourse, a relative can't perform the wedding. So he didn't.
I couldn't get sloshed. I had to drive. I danced a little. Dolly mausi kept pestering me to dance. I gave her some company. The young cousins were too enthusiastic. Extreme bhangra and indian music. I missed a partner.
- We had a successful Vibha booth. Some very good leads. Sponsors, volunteers and prospects. More work coming ahead. I have plans. The biggest indian event in town. Wait and watch.
- Watched Bryan Adams live for the second time. I knew all the songs he sang. Wonderful, terrific, awesome acoustic performance. I feel his songs. They touch me.
I yelled at him: "Bryan, Eastside story ?
Bryan responded: "Wow ! I've never done that before !"
Very humorous performance. The crowd loved it.
Still holdin' on, you're still the one
First time our eyes met, same feelin' I get
Only feels much stronger, wanna love ya longer
You still turn the fire on...
So if you're feelin' lonely don't
You're the only one I ever want
I only wanna make it good
So if I love ya a little more than I should
Please forgive me, I know not what I do
...i can't stop lovin' you
Don't deny me this pain I'm going through...
...I need ya like I do
Please believe me every word I say is true...
...i can't stop lovin' you
Much love.
No comments:
Post a Comment